When he’s hungry, he just lets his favorite human know that he wants food and the kibble magically appears in his bowl. He happily scarfs it down (even though he’s been eating the same meal twice per day everyday for most of his life) and goes on about his day. So simple.
Although my quick and healthy breakfast takes a little longer to prepare than Coda’s kibble, it also doesn’t taste like dog food. Check out my simple healthy breakfast in the short video and recipe below:
This healthy breakfast is too easy and can be adjusted easily to your particular tastes:
- 2 or 3 eggs, cooked to your preference.
- 3 – 6 ounces of ground beef, pork, turkey, or buffalo (precooked).
- Broccoli slaw, spinach, or other vegetable that sautees quickly.
- Butter for cooking the eggs and vegetables.
- Hot sauce, black pepper, diced green onions, or other additional finishing flavors.
- Melt butter in pan for the eggs and sauce pot for the vegetables over medium heat.
- Sautee vegetables to desired tenderness. Add precooked meat, heat, and then turn burner down to low.
- Cook eggs as preferred.
- Place it all in a bowl or on a plate, add some hot sauce, pepper, or other finishing touches.
That’s it! If you have precooked the meat, this healthy breakfast takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Enjoy with a cup of coffee and start your day of right!
What is your favorite quick and easy healthy breakfast solution? Let us know in the comments below.